Where Can You Turn For Help?

You are not alone. You may obtain information or support from a member of the clergy, a social worker, a healthcare service provider, a police officer, senior’s centre, financial institution, or lawyer.

Durham Region has organized a special network of community agencies to assist victims of elder abuse. If you would like more information, please contact one of the member agencies listed on the contact page.

  • Number of Older Adults Facing Abuse in Ontario 32,000 to 160,000
Ontario Ministry of Finance; 2004 and Lachs & Pillemer; The Lancet; October 2004